Monday, December 3, 2012

Welcome

Welcome to my citizen scientist blog.  I had such fun researching and writing a yearlong monthly nature article for the journals of a local newspaper in 2012 that I decided to keep writing about nature.  I hope to share nature observations, opportunities and opinions through this new weblog.

I am not a professional scientist of any type but I very much enjoy exploring and sharing the natural world.  It seems new opportunities for citizen scientist travel, training and reading are always open to those who look for them.

Like my column, this blog is likely to be a hodgepodge of topics.  Some subjects I covered in the 2012 column were edible wildflowers in my yard, spiders around my house, bats, fungi, astronomy, winter birding and nature reading.

Blogging is a new experience for me.
So, let's hit the trail!





3 comments:

  1. Hi Stephanie,
    I'm looking forward to reading your hodgepodge of nature blogging. Did you take the master naturalist class for the NRV? I took the classes a couple of years ago. I tried a garden blog and other outdoor adventures, but after my son was born it turned into a new momma blog. Now I just enjoy combining all of my interests of nature, gardening, parenting, and teaching. Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liz!
    It is good to hear from you.
    Yes, I took the VA Master Naturalist classes in Blacksburg. There is a newly formed chapter here in the Shenandoah Valley that I have joined. I miss the activities of the Blacksburg chapter. It was a good group!

    Will you post or send me a link to your blog? I remember really enjoying reading it in the past but lost track of it.

    Thanks again for the nice greeting. Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize that you had moved, where are you now?? Clay and I have been wanting to do some hiking in the Shenandoah area, any recommendations? As I mentioned before my blog has really turned into an online photo album of our little guy, but the site is:
    mccoygarden.blogspot.com/
    Take care,
    Liz

    ReplyDelete